We are able to offer a Marine Legal Protection policy, through ARC Legal Assistance Ltd for assistance in recovering uninsured losses (not otherwise covered by your marine policy). This product is only available to current or new clients who must insure their main vessel through us and the vessel is UK registered (but excludes vessels registered in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man). Please contact us if you are a current client and you would like to add this cover, which is a flat rate of £24 per annum (in addition to your vessel policy premium).
Benefits of cover include:
✓ Uninsured Loss Recovery:
To pursue damages claims arising from a collision, impact, fire or flooding against those whose negligence has caused you to suffer loss of
your insurance policy excess or other out of pocket expenses.
✓ Personal Injury Pursuit:
To pursue damages claims arising from a collision, impact, fire or flooding whilst you are in, boarding or alighting the vessel against those whose
negligence has caused your injury or death.
✓ Contract Disputes:
To pursue or defend a legal action following a breach of a contract you have for buying goods or services in connection with the vessel, including
the purchase or sale of the vessel.
✓ Prosecution Defence:
To defend a legal action in respect of a criminal offence
Marine Legal Protection provides insurance to cover up to:
- £500 per claim up to a maximum of £2,500 per annum for claims under the Emergency Expenses section of cover;
- Fees for up to 28 days, not exceeding a maximum for the whole period of £2,500 for claims under the Mooring Fees section of cover;
- £2,500 for claims under the Temporary Replacement Costs section of cover;
- £25,000 for claims under the Contract Disputes section of cover; and
- £100,000 for claims under any other section of cover
An excess may apply, please see policy documentation for full details of cover.
Download and view the policy documents:
(To view the documents, you will need the adobe reader software which is free to download from the Adobe Reader Website)